New Mini-LP Style Packaging
Superior Mono Mixes Directly from Original Master Tapes on CD for the First Time Ever
Nobody does heartbreak like Frank Sinatra. Well-versed in what it means to be down-and-out, desperate, and depressed, the singer reaches profound emotional depths on Only the Lonely, a landmark 1958 concept album that remains one of Sinatra’s most legendary statements. Featuring definitive versions of time-honed standards, this cornerstone of the American songbook is a must-have.
Remastered from the original analog tapes, Mobile Fidelity’s Gold CD reveals every expressive nuance, bourbon-soaked note, and devastating nook on a record that iconic arranger Nelson Riddle cited as his favorite Sinatra work.The reference-caliber sonics bring the performances to light in a way never imagined. Here is irrefutable proof that Sinatra’s voice doesn’t crack, fade, waver, or strain at any point.
- Only the Lonely (Cahn, VanHeusen) 4:09
- Angel Eyes (Brent, Dennis) 3:44
- What's New? (Burke, Haggart) 5:12
- It's a Lonesome Old Town (Kisco, Tobias) 4:16
- Willow Weep for Me (Ronell) 4:49
- Goodbye (Jenkins) 5:45
- Blues in the Night (Arlen, Mercer) 4:45
- Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out to Dry (Cahn, Styne) 4:02
- Ebb Tide (Maxwell, Sigman) 3:17
- Spring Is Here (Hart, Rodgers) 4:46
- Gone With the Wind (Magidson, Wrubel) 5:15
- One for My Baby (And One More for the Road) (Arlen, Mercer) 4:25